Sunday, April 5, 2009

Someday soon

Someday I will publish a picture that doesn't have snow in it. Hopefully soon. My friend Cletus took this out of the car window when we made a little drive up to Jonsvatnet reservoir a few weeks ago. The days are getting much longer now, it is light until almost 9pm already. Yesterday was the first day since I got here that I was able to sit outside in the sunshine on my back deck without freezing.
Yesterday I helped Cletus move in to a new apartment in Lade. He is leaving next week to go and get his family in India. He hasn't seen his wife and children for 5 months (except on a webcam), so I'm sure it will be a happy reunion. We made a couple of trips to Ikea yesterday to get some beds and things so there should be enough furniture for them when they arrive in mid-April. I was approached several times by a somewhat creepy looking Easter-chicken giving out chocolates at Ikea. I passed as I already have an apartment full of chocolate. We stuffed my car as full as you could possibly get it and got everything he had from the company apartment to the new place in one trip. Cletus went off in search of a cable modem after that so I hope that he found one that works.
I will be making my first trip back to the U.S. in early May, so I'm looking forward to that. Well looking forward to some parties actually but not necessarily to the part about doing my U.S. tax return. I nearly had a cardiac episode this week when my laptop refused to boot into Windows for 2 days. I somehow got it back up although I have little faith in it rebooting from now on. I will only reboot if I really really have to. In the meantime I have ubuntu linux installed on the 2nd drive so I can always get that up, unfortunately I can't get skype to work on it yet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment