Thursday, June 18, 2009

Go ahead and laugh..........

So I was in the ICA store across the street yesterday, buying my staple food items: bread, yogurt, Coke Zero, Kvikk Lunsj etc. When I went to pick up my usual loaf of crappy Norwegian bread, I noticed that it had green mold on it. So I picked up the one next to it, that one had green mold on it as well. Hmmm, taking a closer look all of the loaves looked a bit like they had been dropped out of the back of a moving truck. It was about this time that I realized that for the last 6 months I have been buying all of my bread from the rack of week old stale loaves they were just trying to get rid of........
The actual fresh bread is in the rack 10 feet away.
It never dawned on me before why they had 2 bread racks.
All this time I just assumed Norwegians made the worst bread in the world.
My apologies to all the Norwegian bakeries.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miles. I found my way to your blog through Karla's Texpatriate blog and I'm so glad I did. I've read almost all of your posts and look forward to keeping up with your stories. I'm an American ex-pat, too---from San Francisco, now living in southern Norway. I haven't had the chance to travel up to Trondheim yet, so it's fun having a look at your city here. The winter looks, um, dark. :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete