Friday, July 17, 2009

What's my vector Victor?

Leif, Joel and I took to the air last night in a Cessna 172 that belongs to the Vaernes flying club. Leif joined the club and now has been signed off to rent the club aircraft. We took the plane west from the airport, south of Trondheim and then towards the island of Hitra. We had some sketchy weather with low clouds but the air was reasonably smooth everywhere except over the hilly areas near Trondheim. We flew for about a hour and a half.
Leif flew the take-offs and landings and I flew for about 25 minutes over the fjord. The scenery here is really beautiful and it is amazing how much area you can see in a short flight in a plane. We'll try it again hopefully with a bit higher cloud ceiling next time.

I took a few crappy pictures with my camera but I think Joel got some better ones from the back seat.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. omGOD!! eek!! i would never ever never think of an airplane ride as fun..but i'm glad you had fun! i bet the pictures are awesome..did you post any?

    have to go..Jack is showing me his new yo-yo tricks. Have an awesome weekend!!

    LOVE the t-shirt by the way!! DEtroit!
    p.s. did you hear of the huge explosion in Detroit this past week? two tankers exploded and blew up an overpass on I-75 (hugely congested highway thru the city)

    ReplyDelete