Saturday, December 11, 2010

2 weeks til Christmas



Trondheim has had a serious winter so far, and it's not even officially winter yet. We had the coldest month of November ever measured (since 1788!) and now we are back to warmer weather and lots of snow. I decided to walk to the sentrum today to go to the julemarket, but I think I would have been better off taking the bus. You have to walk down some steep hills to get to the sentrum from Tyholt, and there is basically no way to avoid walking down slippery sidewalks and streets. I was walking down the first steep street today when a girl fell down about 20 meters in front of me. I didn't laugh because I figured I was next. I made it about another 20 meters past where she fell and I went down too. It hurt a little bit but I got back up and continued down the hill. I stopped at the Kristiansten fort to take these pictures, and then I had one more hill to go down to get to the sentrum. And sure enough, I fell down AGAIN flat on my back on that hill too. That one really hurt. Now I'm home taking ibuprofen illegally imported from the U.S. Probably shouldn't say that. I found it, yea that's it.
When we had our company Christmas party a few weeks ago I was awarded my very own first-aid kit as a prize for being the most consistently injured player on the soccer team. I guess I should have had the kit with me today, it might have helped to break the fall(s).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. And that is why I am staying in, hermit like, this weekend. It's ICY out there and I don't relish falling (which I WILL do). I'm happy and warm on the sofa.
    Also, what is that cool imposing building all by itself on that snowy hill, in the photo on this post? That's a great shot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karla, sorry I didn't see your question right away, that is the main building at the Kristiansten fort. It is part-away up the hill from the sentrum in Trondheim. I made it look a little bigger than it is by holding the camera close to the ground. It's a very nice place to get a view over the city, which is why they built the fort there I guess :). And it's only 5 minutes from Den Gode Nabo, the best pub in Trondheim.

    ReplyDelete