Wednesday, March 2, 2011

surgery!

I decided to post this picture of some flowers that a friend gave me because it looks 100 times better than my knee does right now. I am so glad to get that ACL surgery finished though. Hard to believe it took 7 months to get an operation that takes 45 minutes, but that's the way it goes. I had a friend drop me off at the Aleris clinic on monday morning and they did the operation there around 9:30, then I alternated between nausea and la-la land for about the next 6 hours until they kicked me out. I have to say that is amazing how much work they can do in a few minutes though through some very small incisions now. My leg looks a bit gruesome but it doesn't hurt that much and I think it will heal up quite rapidly. I am taking a few days off of work now and I hope to go back to my office on Friday. We are interviewing people for some testing positions so I sort of have to be there in person.
The Trondheim ice is back with a vengeance this spring, so I will have to be incredibly careful trying to get around outside on crutches. They make special crutches with spikes on the bottom I guess, but I look at it more like a warning from mother nature - you're already injured so if you can't walk on the ice, stay inside idiot!
The doctor told me maybe I can't run marathons anymore after this surgery, but I think that he and I both agreed that only people with some level of brain damage run marathons anyway so I am ok with not doing any.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hey Miles! I've been reading your blog and I wanted to email you but I couldn't find a contact box. blogs confuse me so maybe I just missed it :D
    anyways, I have a norwegian boyfriend and I'm interested in moving to Trondheim with him, for at least a year or two. I'm about to get my degree in literature and im super curious as to how you got a job and managed to make your way to Trondheim. I know Literature isn't really an industry in English there, but even working on administrative tasks and what not would work for me. if you have any advice, please let me know- i'd love to hear from you!
    takk!
    Kelly

    k.marie.delaney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete